The Michael Parks Foundation (MPF) was founded in 2015, subsequent to several attempts by Celeste & Malcolm Parks, to find a suitable place of safety for their 3-year-old son with Down syndrome. The Foundation registered as an NPO in September 2016 and are now the proud owners of NPO number 177-246.
Receiving our NPO number was a proud moment for us, as we saw it as an important step in achieving our vision of a professional response to the plight of families living with Down Syndrome.
To establish a holistic, therapeutic development centre for children and families with Down syndrome and other mental disabilities and conditions.
- To provide a supportive environment for parents and siblings of children with Downs Syndrome and related disabilities.
- To provide a holistic therapeutic centre, where these children can receive much needed therapies.
- To provide all these services at an affordable rate to parents who can afford it, and at a subsidised rate to parent who might not be able to afford all the therapeutic interventions which their child/ children may require.
- To secure financial support for parents who are not be able to afford it.
- To create awareness regarding Downs Syndrome and related disabilities in our communities.